- 1960 Mrs Norma Mangos MBE of Nelson elected the first women President of New Zealand Marching
- 1961 Parramatta Grenadiers of NSW are the first Australian team to visit NZ
- 1968 The first NZ Championshipfor Midget Grade held in Christchurch. Champion Team Invaders of Manawatu
- 1972 The first Seddon District Marching Shield competition held between Nelson Bays, Marlborough and West Coast
- 1977 First Interdominion Championships between NZ and Australia held at Basin Reserve in Wellington.
- 1978 Interdominion Competition between NZ and Australia held in Adelaide, Australia
- 1978 Lochiel of Wellington invited to attend Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- 1978 The 'official' magazine for marching changes name to Quick Step
- 1979 Kilmarnock Midget Grade Team of Auckland march at Australian Championships in Perth, Australia
- 1979 Canadian Guards along with the Continental Airline NZ Power Brass Band representing the City of Auckland tour California and Hawaii
- 1980 Introductory Grade introduced.
- 1980 Interdominion Competition held at Lancaster Park in Christchurch
- 1980 Southern Centres Challenge Shield established by South Canterbury for competition between Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago and Southland
- 1981 Interdominion Competition held in Melbourne, Australia
- 1981 The first combined NZ MIdget, Junior & Senior Championships held in Hawke's Bay
- 1981 Continental Guards and Continental Brass Band win World Championship Quickstep Display in Holland.
- 1983 International Challenge (previously Interdominion Competition) held in Hamilton
- 1983 Lochiel of Wellington invited back to attend Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- 1984 Own choice of music for display introduced, encouraging creative drills and movements enhancing participant and spectator enjoyment.
- 1984 "Marching in Schools" booklet introduced.
- 1985 Lochiel of Wellington appointed New Zealand Sporting and Cultural Ambassadors.
- 1988 Buckingham Guards of Auckland world tour of 32 countries giving demonstrations for the Americas Cup at San Diego & Earls Court Military Tattoo.
- 1989 Westlanders of Auckland appointed honorary Sport & Cultural Ambassadors for NZ Trade & Tourism at Asian/Pacific Expo in Japan